The Veterinary Communication System
Investing in evidence-based communication training is the cornerstone of a successful veterinary practice leading to a perpetual cycle of synergy and enjoyment for all parties involved (veterinary team, clients, pets, hospital profits). Communication training is the catalyst that starts this chain reaction in motion.
How does communication training benefit your hospital?
Benefit for the Patient / Pet
- Patient Care: Pets receive optimal care because the owner is informed and educated in making the best decisions.
- Teamwork: Pets receive optimal care because a unified and happy veterinary team collaborates and educates clients to provide the best patient care.
- Innovation: Pets receive optimal care because of hospital investments in staff training, facilities, equipment, innovative procedures, and educational tools.
Benefits for the Veterinary Team
- Empowerment: Unlock your full potential and practice with confidence.
- Culture: Foster team unity, longevity, and efficiency through shared team standards and purposes.
- Partnership: Build trusting collaborative relationships with clients.
- Patient Care: Witness your patients receiving the best care possible because clients are empowered to make informed decisions, and the hospital invests in team training, equipment, and facilities.
- Income: Increase your income through improved client compliance, the efficiency of a seasoned team, and the utilization of up-to-date equipment and facilities.
Benefits for the Client
- Partnership: Clients enjoy a trusting collaborative relationship with the veterinary team.
- Patient Care: Clients enjoy seeing their pet get the best care possible and they have peace of mind, being empowerment to make informed decisions.
- Excellence: Clients experience the benefits of a hospital that reinvests in staff training, proven treatment options, a clean up-to-date facility, and current treatment options.
How is Profit Affected?
- Increased Revenue: Through improved client compliance and staff efficiency.
- Decreased Costs:
- Less Turnover: Decrease costs for recruitment, signing bonuses, and training.
- Fewer Complaints: Decrease costs of resolving complaints and giving discounts.
- Culture: Avoid emotional costs client complaints and staff disengagement.
- Reduced Marketing Costs: Client retention and word-of-mouth referrals.
The communication training laid out in VCC.Academy has helped me in every aspect of my examination process. Effective communication has given me the ability to gain trust and demonstrate the value of what we do as a profession. This has led to significant improvement in patient care both in practice and at home.- Steven Beil, DVM - Intermountain Pet Hospital